Friday, July 26, 2013

I'm done with summer!

I'm very frustrated with my garden. This is what it looked like about a month ago. Green full, productive.
Now its a wilted mess. It makes me sad.
I had one harvest of yellow squash before plant death/disease something, a handful of cucumbers, no beans yet, and a few pounds of split tomatoes. It's been very very wet here for an Alabama summer so I think a lot of the plants don't really know how to react and it's giving way to a lot of pest problems... I don't think my sweet potatoes are very happy either because of the cooler temperatures we have been having. So in light of all this summer crop failure, I am thinking about my fall garden. I'm dreaming of cabbages, kohlrabi, kale, chard, collards, potatoes, and carrots.
This is what I go off of when I start planning the next round of crops. A Facebook friend asked about when to plant what so this is a really good start.
http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-0063/ANR-0063.pdf
Not only does it help you know when to plant, but what varieties are productive in Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment